My top two:
- Apocalypse-Fatigue – a loss of interest in the end of the world brought on by years of obsessive media and social concern for the end of times, environmental collapse, successive pandemic scares, terrorist exploding underwear and printer cartridges, and zombie movies.
- Naff – 1: unstylish, clichéd, or outmoded. 2: to fool around or go about. As in: My clothing has always had a sadly naff-ish quality but not in a charming steampunky sort of way.
Words from Foreign languages which we should make our own.
Because there are just so darn many of them:
- Backpfeifengesicht – (from the fun-loving Germans) A face in need of slapping.
More of this would be good in 2011:
- Mbuki-mvuki (Bantu)– To rapidly remove one’s clothes in order to dance.
Plus a bonus word, which, as you all know, is a requirement to be my facebook (or LJ) friend:
- Callipygian – having shapely buttocks.